The R&D Specialist will act as support for the gathering, tracking and review of raw material and finished goods documentation of nutritional products for Arbonne, and also act as administrative support for the formulation, evaluation, and finalization of Arbonne products for launch into global markets. This role will play a key supportive role in ensuring that existing and new products are in compliance with corporate policies, FDA cGMP for food and dietary supplements, and other global regulations. This role will also ensure all Arbonne nutrition products are current on relevant third party certifications, ensure new Arbonne Nutrition products are submitted for certifications in time for inclusion of certifications on product artwork, and act as a point of contact between other Arbonne product lines and third party certifying bodies for Nutrition products.
1. Support the development of new products and reformulation via document receipt, tracking, and control in R&D processes.
2. Support verification that all documents received from third party manufacturers and raw material suppliers are accurate, credible, legitimate and in compliance with Arbonne quality, certification and ingredient policy requirements.
3. Work closely with Arbonne Regulatory team to support acquisition of required documentation for registration of products in relevant Arbonne markets.
4. Assist in assessment of new raw materials and their compliance to Arbonne ingredient policy, current and upcoming certification requirements, and Arbonne mission and values.
5. Support Arbonne R&D, Quality and Supply Chain departments on establishing new raw material vendor qualification via documentation review.
6. Support assessment of new ingredient compliance to Arbonne ingredient policy and required third party certifications.
7. Lead Arbonne product certification with third party certifying bodies in Nutrition category (under supervision of R&D Supervisor, Nutrition) and work with Arbonne Skincare/Cosmetics personnel to update Arbonne certifications as outlined below:
a. Submit new products for certification from Arbonne Nutrition category
b. Work with third party certifying bodies and third party manufacturers for raw material changes or alternate options to ensure consistency in Nutrition product certifications
c. Track progress of certifications for Nutrition products and monitor renewal needs for certifications
d. Act as the point of contact with third party certifying bodies for Arbonne Nutrition product inquiries and issues
e. Work with Supply Chain personnel on audit needs for third party certifications – new and existing third party manufacturers for facility renewals
f. Work with Arbonne Skincare/Cosmetic personnel to ensure Arbonne certification tracking documents are continually updated and accurate
8. Assist in review of third party manufacturer documentation on products, especially raw material documentation and accuracy in relation to product formulas and Ithos documentation.
9. Support orderly storage and organization of all documentation in compliance with internal procedures and cGMP regulations, working closely with Arbonne Quality department.
10. Act in key support role for Arbonne R&D raw material document loading, tracking and maintenance with the Ithos Information Network.
11. Support R&D team in the maintenance of product dossiers.
12. Ensure that documents submitted to cross-functional team members are validated and reviewed/approved in a timely manner.
13. Assist Document Control Coordinator with SOP development from R&D, Nutrition perspective.
14. Explore current nutrition certification trends and alternatives to help support Arbonne Marketing.
15. Keep abreast of industry issues and trends around Certification and consumer trend areas.
16. Perform additional duties as required.
1. Bachelor’s degree required (ideally in chemistry, nutrition or the physical sciences).
2. Ideal candidate will have 1-3 years’ experience, preferably in nutrition industry.
3. Strong organization skills with experience in document receipt and control.
4. Working experience in cGMP regulated environment and Standard Operating Procedures a plus, but not required.
5. Must be able to research, interpret and report on subject matter to both a technical and non-technical audience
6. Proficiency with electronic file systems and the use of Microsoft Office.
7. Must have strong problem solving, interpersonal, teamwork, project management, and computer skills
8. Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
9. Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative.
10. Detail oriented and able to manage and organize numerous projects.
11. Experience with Ithos, Agile and/or Oracle systems is a plus but not required.
12. Ability to function in fast-paced environment.
13. Requires strong communication skills (oral & written).
Connect With Us