The Research & Development Administrative Specialist plans and tracks all R&D testing interfacing with pertinent business units, along with collection, maintenance, analysis and distribution of administrative information used for ingredient safety and regulatory reviews. This position requires a close working relationship with chemists, engineers, testing facilities, suppliers, Marketing, Sourcing, and Regulatory departments.
1. Plan, track and review both internal and external testing for all new product development.
2. Source new testing labs and new methods for continuous improvement of product quality and regulatory compliance
3. Manage and execute the review/approval documentation of new formulations.
4. Track all pertinent purchase orders and invoices for the Research & Development Department.
5. Perform other admin related duties necessary to support Research & Development.
6. Responsible for collection, editing, processing, and uploading of data required in the R&D and Regulatory data information systems pertaining to chemical raw materials and formulations.
7. Recommends and implements new operating methods to improve data flow, collection, editing, processing and distribution.
8. Communicates as a representative of the organization to raw material suppliers and other external sources.
9. Performs day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork
10. Perform other duties or projects assigned as necessary
1. College Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
2. 1+ years of professional experience
3. Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
4. Ability to interpret and communicate technical data, standards, and instructions
5. Ability to work independently, multi-task assignments and self-manage personal workload
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Connect With Us